It has been awhile since I've updated the blog that's because progress has been slow due to the holidays. There have been some changes though:
- The wall framing is just about complete
- The electrical system has been roughed in
- The plumbing has been roughed in
- The HRV (Heat Recovery Ventialation system) is in
- The Geo Thermal system has been installed and turned on. There is now heat in the radiant floor.
- The radiators have been installed upstairs.
- The fireplace has been installed...the chimney just needs to be put through the roof.
- The skirt roof installation is in progress.
Next week: Drywalling begins!
The main floor, with the back of the kitchen wall. (A pantry / cold storage room will be behind this).
The skirt roof is being added - there will be a gable roof in the middle section.
The fireplace (including a pot hanging inside for cooking!)
A very simple and straight forward maintenance room! This is just part of it...I think we'll need a week long seminar to figure out what everything is and how it works!
The radiators. What can you say....they are ugly as hell (not what we envisioned at all!), but we do need to heat the upper floor....
Some of the framing. This is the closet of the yoga room (great room upstairs), adjusted for shelves and separate storage in the top section.